APPLY NOW! - McNair Scholars Application
Traiblazing with McNair!
Welcome to the University of North Texas at Dallas Ronald E. McNair Post-baccalaureate Achievement Program!
The McNair program is aimed at increasing the attainment of doctoral degrees for low-income, first generation, and underrepresented populations. We provide targeted academic, emotional, and social support for college students through federally funded services.
Our main goal is to encourage and facilitate graduate enrollment through experiential learning, whereby our scholars understand their potential, acquire research skills and solidify faculty mentor relationships that ultimately culminates in the attainment of a Ph.D.
Our Trailblazing Scholars will receive substantial benefits as participants in our program. Check out some of our greatest benefits below.
- Tutoring – Our scholars can receive tutoring throughout their undergraduate careers.
- Graduate School Preparation – Our scholars receive adequate coaching in the areas of program fit/research interest, personal statement preparation, and entrance exams.
- Terminal Degree – The ultimate goal of our program and its participants is the completion of a Ph.D.!
- Travel – Our scholars receive paid accommodations when travel in-state and out-of-state for conferences and college visits.
- Research Stipend – Qualifying participants receive a stipend for their research participation and engagement, up to $2800.00 annually.
- Graduate School Funding – There are several institutions throughout the country that provide funding for McNair Scholars to attend their institution.
- Laptop Loaners – Our scholars are able to borrow a Dell Laptop for use throughout the semester.
- McNair Library – We also have helpful books on hand for graduate school, writing, exam preparation, and other topics for lending.
- McNair Closet – Our scholars also have access to the latest professional attire through our community closet. This effort is made to assist students in preparation for graduate school interviews.
McNair Scholars Program